20 ian. 2011

He's Just Not That Into Me

  • We are all programmed to believe that if a guy acts like a total jerk that means he likes you.
  • How stupid is it that a girl has to wait for a guy's call anyway, right?
  • I had this guy leave me a voicemail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It's exhausting.
  • So trust me when I say if a guy is treating you like he doesn't give a shit, he genuinely doesn't give a shit. No exceptions.
  • Maybe his grandma died or maybe he lost my number or is out of town or got hit by a cab...
    Or maybe he is not interested in seeing you again.
  • If a guy doesn't call you, he doesn't want to call you.
  • People who get married are not to be trusted. You know why? Because if you were legitimately happy, honestly you wouldn't feel the need to make a big show out of it. You wouldn't have to broadcast it. They do it because they're insecure and because they think that getting married is what they're supposed to be doing now. And so they're lying to themselves and they're lying to others.

And maybe a happy ending doesn't include a guy, maybe... it's you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu